top of page

Finding Inspiration in every turn

Happy Portrait

We are committed to help eradicate domestic violence abuse by expanding our services into partnerships with 'like minded' organizations and alliances with the government.

We partner with local nonprofits in the area, working together to contribute to a world where people can live free from violence, discrimination and circumstances of poverty. 


We educate, assist and advocate primarily for the prevention and intervention against domestic violence.


Our goal is to continue our focus on sensible solutions and best practices in our work; seeking to maximize every opportunity to fulfill our mission to help transform lives as quickly as  possible.


Hands Up


A Woman Writing by the Window

Safety Planning

A "safety plan"is often used to describe a plan of action or outline of steps that can help to keep you safe from your abuser.


The most important tip to remember is your plan can include various steps to keep yourself, family and friends safe but don't be discouraged if you cannot address every situation.


In some circumstances, a restraining or protection order may be part of a safety plan. We encourage you to read more tips for different ideas and things to consider when developing your safety plan from the learn more button above.



Mother and Daughter

i-360, Petition for amerasian, widow (er), or special immigrant


The family-based immigration process generally requires U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to file a petition for their non citizen family members.


Some petitioners may misuse the immigration process to further abuse their non citizen family members by threatening to withhold or withdraw the petition in order to control, coerce, and intimidate them.

MAD21 advocates have received the appropriate training to directly assist with the petitioner with the passage of the Violence Against Women Act of 1994 (VAWA) and its subsequent reauthorizations, Congress provided non citizens who have been abused by their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident relative the ability to independently petition for themselves (self-petition) for immigrant classification without the abuser’s knowledge, consent, or participation in the immigration process.


This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abusers. Spouses and children of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, and parents of U.S. citizens who are 21 years of age or older, may file a self-petition for immigrant classification with USCIS.


A non citizen filing the self-petition is generally known as a VAWA self-petitioner. If USCIS approves the self-petition, VAWA self-petitioners may seek legal permanent residence and obtain a Green Card. 



Students in Cafeteria

Order of Protection assistance





Domestic violence victim. Kind people comforting african woman sharing her story at suppor

Criminal Injuries compensation Assistance

The Tennessee Department of Treasury has a mission to invest in the well being of Tennesseans, one investment is the Criminal Injuries Compensation fund.


The fund is designed to financially assist innocent victims of violent crimes of violent crimes only in the state of TN, any victim that obtains a personal injury or in the case of death dependent relatives of the victim maybe eligible for compensation.


MAD21 advocates have received the appropriate training to directly assist victims and claimants with the application and appeal process, and how to complete and accurately document a claim application.


Eligibility requirements when met may be reimbursed for loss of wages, medical expenses, and unforeseen costs related to the crime.

An "Order of Protection" is a document issued by the court, in TN filing for married couples can be heard in the historic courthouse or unmarried couples or partners filing can be done in general sessions.

MAD21 advocates have received the appropriate training to directly assist with the document and guidance in speaking with the commissioner (judge) or magistrate to obtain the order.


The document is then signed by the commissioner, judge or magistrate to help protect you from domestic abuse or harassment and can set limits on your abusive partner


There is no fee to obtain an order of protection, your OP (order of protection) may be temporary until a formal court hearing or may not come into effect until after a hearing is set for both parties to attend. 



bottom of page